Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Recycled Skateboard Jewelry


Growing up in Florida, I spent a lot of my free time skateboarding and surfing. That was so long ago; all we did was basically skate downhill, always looking for newly paved roads and long cement driveways. In 1976, due to the California drought, skating in empty pools became the trend. In 1977 Kona, one of the first and currently the oldest skate park, opened in Jacksonville. I kind of left the sport at that point, but have enjoyed watching it ever since. Since then, skateboarding has changed so much. I immediately fell in love with the bold graphics of these recycled skateboard pieces and knew I had to make something fun to wear out of them.

Check out this unbelievable skateboard video to see who else loves the sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment